Special K Bars are a Christmas staple that started with my Grandma. They sweet, crunchy, and ooey gooey delicious. Plus, so easy to make that you have no excuse not to try them!
I skipped with white karo and used a homemade simple syrup. I also substituted in Enjoy Life Foods chocolate chips to minimize the amount of dairy in them.
A crunchy chocolate and butterscotch treat!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c white karo (or use a water and sugar simple syrup)
- 1 12 oz jar almond butter
- 4 c Special K cereal
- 1/2 c butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Prepare a 9 x 13" pan with butter or ghee.
- Boil sugar and white karo, if using, or simple syrup.
- Mix in almond butter. Add Special K cereal.
- Spread mixture into pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a bowl over boiling water. Spread on top of cereal mixture
- Cool and cut into squares